Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As the Global Head of Risk & Compliance, you will develop and manage a world-class Risk & Compliance function within Financial Services. You will partner with Legal, Compliance, Finance, Accounting, Product, Engineering, Marketing and Data Analytics teams across Lucid to lead and drive the regulatory compliance agenda including the continuous evolution of the program based on the firm’s risk profile. The mission of your team is to drive holistic trust, protect our firm while enabling impact, and support our colleagues with the highest integrity. The Risk and Compliance group is a globally integrated team within the second line of defense of Lucid’s Financial Services organization. You will also collaborate closely with colleagues from the Lucid’s risk and legal groups to stay abreast of updates from these groups, while ensuring cross-functional communication as it relates to Compliance Monitoring testing efforts.
Your team will be instrumental in selecting samples, reviewing documentation, conducting testing, assessing non-compliance, developing outcome reports and supporting remediation efforts. You’ll also provide internal visibility to the ever-changing nature of the regulatory landscape and ensure appropriate enhancements to our ongoing programs and activities as needed.
In this role, you will collaborate within the broader Compliance function, ensuring overall integration across our regulatory compliance agenda within our regions and contribute to our broader capabilities and design/transformation efforts. More specifically, you’ll support the development of tools, standards, and metrics on regulatory compliance matters (e.g. dashboards, systems, testing) and ensure geographic compliance leads have a holistic, integrated understanding of the relevant and specific regulatory areas for their regions and deliver expertise and guidance as needed. You will also provide input on the development of our broader capabilities (e.g. learning, communications) as it relates to regulatory compliance.
This individual will lead and oversee the Financial Services Risk & Compliance team at Lucid and will develop, implement and maintain policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the Board of Directors, management and employees understand and adhere to regulatory and other risk management requirements. This role also provides support and expertise to advise and guide the company, business lines and operational areas in the evaluation and development of effective compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
- Build and lead the Risk & Compliance function at Lucid supporting all regions globally
- Partner closely with Compliance and cross functional stakeholders to understand and inventory financial partner obligations, scope requirements into product development efforts, and support the maintenance of our key relationships.
- Contribute to building a strong culture of compliance across Lucid’s teams
- Make the business decisions and policies around risk approaches
- Drive the risk-related partnerships and product discussions with our most important financial partners to ensure that we have alignment on risk approaches and strategy
- Unlock business opportunities by innovating on risk-aware solutions to expand our product and user base
- Ensure compliance with data privacy laws and adoption of sound privacy practices
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Legal, Internal Audit, Technology, Sales, Delivery Marketing, and other areas to strengthen controls within the business by analyzing products, services, processes, and technologies to identify risks and recommend measures to mitigate those risks
- Partnering with the Product team to embed privacy & compliance principles and controls by design into new products and services
- Support the development and administration of compliance, data privacy training and awareness programs for compliance with domestic and international laws and regulations in each market, as well as internal policies and procedures
- Conducting impact assessments to identify areas of risk, evaluating control effectiveness, and recommending risk-mitigation measures
- Investigating compliance and privacy-related issues, incidents, or breaches; developing action plans; and monitoring remediation
- Handling data subject rights requests in compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Produce Global Regulatory Reporting program health metrics and reports for management and boards, including roadmap progress updates, trend analysis and recommended strategies.
- Provides guidance to directors and managers on all compliance matters including risk management practices.
- Act as a strong partner and trusted advisor with the Financial Service’s business stakeholders on assessing risk with respect to new products and services.
- Oversee FS-wide risk assessments, partner with the first line of defense to address control enhancements with sustainable solutions.
- Establish a strong monitoring program commensurate with the Lucid’s risk profile.
- Ensure that remediation efforts are sufficient and timely; Review action plans and remediation documentation to support event closure; Participate in root cause analysis and the resolution of deficiencies.
- Provide guidance and support for Financial Services initiatives regarding the strengthening of the first line risk management function.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key business and staff group partners to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management that builds risk culture across Financial Services and reinforces a strong and agile Compliance Management System.
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements that business teams must satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient implementation of those requirements – ability to use data to support testing efforts and risk assessment.
- Establish, implement and supervise compliance policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure that the compliance program is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and incorporate changing regulatory developments into risk & compliance framework
- 15+ years experience leading Risk & Compliance functions within Auto Finance
- Must have a solid understanding of US Federal Regulations and Data Privacy Laws including Truth in Lending Act (TILA) , Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Rules , Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) , Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Americans with Disability Act (ADA) , Gramm-Leach-Biley Act (GLBA) , Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) , Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP); State Laws including California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), New York Department of Financial Services Cybersecurity, California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA)
- Experience managing teams, monitoring internal Risk & Compliance related metrics and managing Contractual Obligations with Financing Partners
- Building partnerships with cross-functional teams internally including Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit, Sales, Accounting, Marketing etc.
- Establish credibility as the go-to expert within Financial Services on Risk & Compliance
- Ability to challenge status quo and influence across various levels of the organization
- The ability to represent Lucid at the executive level with a wide range of external financing partners, regulators and government agencies
- Strong stakeholder management including navigating difficult situations, negotiating timelines, and influencing internal and external stakeholders across organizations and borders
- Excellent working knowledge of the regulatory environment for financial services, including experience of direct engagement with regulatory bodies and a working knowledge of RegTech solutions
- A demonstrated ability to balance prudent risk management with commercial outcomes
- Comfort with building and expanding on compliance program infrastructure to incorporate oversight of financial partner requirements, including developing new processes and workflows
- Experience in data analytics, and navigation of multiple data sources to produce cohesive and accurate regulatory reporting deliverables
- Position based in Newark, CA
- Juris Doctorate or advanced degree and certifications
- Experience in the Luxury & EV segment is strongly preferred
- Experience with international markets including Europe & Middle East is a plus
- Financial compliance, operational, regulatory, management consulting, or legal experience
- Experience in project management and/or process improvement
- ACAMS, CRCM or equivalent certification
- SQL and/or Excel skills
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $154,000 – $220,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.