Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Senior Battery Test Engineer to deliver Battery pack and module testing in relation to product validation. This position requires an experienced professional with hands-on experience of all aspects of battery testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver all Battery DV/PV testing that includes sub-component, module and pack level electrical, mechanical, environmental and life cycle type testing.
- Plan and co-ordinate internal and external testing activities in line with program milestones.
- Supports improvement in procedures and test methods to ensure highest levels of safety are met.
- Experience with automation systems and responsible for designing and writing test scripts (e.g. NI Varistand, AVL Lynx) to deliver continuous and autonomous test profiles.
- Work closely with multiple cross-functional teams and external suppliers.
- Analyze test data and provide critical feedback into product and performance development.
- Develop and maintain data analysis tools and data storage
- Maintain test equipment and support future expansion of testing capabilities.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to ongoing development of specification, documentation and reporting systems.
- Lead test and equipment related troubleshooting and diagnostic activities.
- Be familiar with test methods defined by battery transportation and regional standards.
- 3+ years (post Masters/PhD) or 5+ years (post Bachelors) experience in a relevant battery testing or associated role.
- Experience in leading, executing and reviewing tests.
- Able to compile clear and detailed test-plans.
- Hands on experience with testing equipment and methods.
- High level of mathematical and data analysis capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude.
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of projects.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced startup environment with frequent prioritization adjustments.
- Proficient with statistical programming languages for data analysis and designing experiments.
- Experience in writing efficient code to analyze large data sets and using a database.
- Experience with Atlassian, Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge of test standards and regulations: e.g. SAE J2929, SAE J2464, UL 1642, IEC 62660, IEC 62133, GB 38031, UN 38.3, GB/T 31485.
- Capable of performing pack tear-downs and post mortem analysis following abuse test.
- A history of working independently with limited oversight or input once a base understanding has been established.
- Experience with CAD in at least one professional 3D CAD package, preferably Catia (V5 or V6) with the ability to generate drawings.
- Experience of basic fabrication and an ability to communicate effectively with machine shop staff.
- An ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively.
- Experience working with high-voltage, high current systems (power supplies, batteries, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, or Mechatronic Engineering, Material Science Engineering or other related field or equivalent work experience.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $115,000-$165,000/yr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.