Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The hands-on Senior Big Data Engineering Manager is responsible to design and build highly scalable streaming data storage and pipeline for vehicle driving data such as sensors, cameras, radars, and Lidars. If building large and building fast, working with a young and very talented team of engineers, and collaborating with the brightest mind in the Automotive industry is what you like, Lucid is the best to experience it.
- Hands-on architecture, design, and development of big data streaming systems.
- Design IoT system to communicate and move data between Vehicle and Cloud.
- Utilize cutting edge distributed big data technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, MQTT, gRPC, rosbag, Kafka, S3 Data Lake, Video and Audio processing
- Build and grow an amazing team of data engineers with a strong culture of balancing excellence with moving fast.
- Lead and manage the team as a hands-on technical leader. Help the team make key technical decisions, unblock the team, and guide the team on execution.
- Set technical direction, roadmaps and guide evolution of our data systems.
- Hands-on application development with Scala, Golang or PySpark
- Develop, communicate, and evangelize the long-term technical vision and roadmap for data storage, ingestion, and retrieval in collaboration with the technical leads
- Drive the technical and strategic vision for our data integration infrastructure in order to meet current and future needs for scale and interoperability
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 10+ years of hands-on industry experience working in data or software engineering.
- 3+ years of software/Data engineering management experience working with Big Data
- Deep knowledge of modern data/compute infrastructure and frameworks, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, Kafka, S3 Data Lake, Parquet, rosbag MQTT, gRPC.
- Experience Developing streaming, real-time and near real-time data pipelines with tools such as Spark or Kafka.
- Working knowledge of Data Lake with Parquet and HCatalog.
- Ability to cultivate a strong sense of ownership, and build a culture of accountability in your team
- Openness to new or different ideas and ability to evaluate multiple approaches and choose the best one based on fundamental qualities and supporting data
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineers to top leadership
- Proven track record of building high functioning teams, setting technical vision, and delivering results in a collaborative, cross-functional organization.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $177,000 - $253,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.