Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer motivated by the application of control theory to design a state-of-the-art powertrain controls architecture.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to design control systems that help elevate vehicle drivability attributes via the actuation of motors. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches problem solving with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Application of concepts in control theory to a variety of domains like vehicle longitudinal-lateral dynamics, driveline dynamics and torque controls to achieve desired vehicle attributes and performance targets for the powertrain
- Application of linear analysis techniques and frequency domain analysis
- Develop simulation tools that enable objective decision making for control system architectures, calibration and formulating requirements
- Develop requirements and related test cases for features modeled in Matlab/Simulink
- Assist integration of features into the controller code base
- Test the developed software on the vehicle and assist in calibration of the features
- Occasional travel for vehicle testing
- 4 years of experience with control systems (5+ Bachelor of Science)
- Good knowledge of model-based design using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Good understanding of vehicle handling and ride dynamics
- Good understanding of state estimation and sensor fusion techniques
- Expertise in control theory concepts like classical control theory, modern control theory
- Professional experience with C/C++
- Expertise in control theory concepts like MRAC, non-linear control theory, robust control
- Experience with Embedded coder in Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with tools like JAMA/JIRA/Git/Confluence
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Common understanding of ISO 26262, Autosar, ASPICE
- Knowledge of adaptive filtering is advantageous
- Experience with CAN analysis tools like CANoe, CANalyzer, and CANape
- Experience with performance driving is a plus
- Familiarity with motor and battery dynamics
- Familiarity with electric vehicle system architectures
- Working knowledge of chassis hardware such as dampers, springs, anti-roll bars, brakes, steering etc.
- Bachelor of Science (Master of Science preferred), in the areas of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive systems, or other related fields.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
$127,000 - $181,500/ year
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive
awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.