Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Sr Engineer, Operational Technology (OT) Security, Tools, Risk Management
Accurate and complete asset inventory and configuration information informs the dependent vulnerability management practice. In this foundational cybersecurity risk identification role, you will use specialized OT security technology software and work closely in daily collaboration with IT network infrastructure engineers and manufacturing department process control engineers at each Advanced Manufacturing Plant (AMP) to constantly maintain, confirm and qualify asset identification accuracy and completeness. This dynamic role is constantly challenged by global expansion of Lucid’s AMP facilities and introduction of more manufacturing systems capacity and systems technical complexity.
**This role is 5 days a week onsite in our Newark, CA office
- Primary operator of globally distributed OT security intelligence systems.
- Align to scheduled AMP expansion, line changes, equipment upgrades, decommission, etc.
- Work daily with shopfloor process control supervisors for asset and component validation.
- As necessary, manually match asset records to completed PLC and robot maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with OT Security team peers on manufacturing vendor-product proprietary matters.
- Partner with IT Infrastructure team to maintain current network-zone match to asset record groups/tags.
- Ensure asset inventory service function is available to vulnerability management team members.
- Deliver control indicator evidence for compliance and certification evolutions.
- Contribute to OT security program by assisting in writing control practices/procedures documentation
- Demonstrate control effectiveness in up-to-date system and component asset inventory management.
- Bachelor's degree in cybersecurity, information systems or computer science
- 5+ years’ experience directly supporting discrete manufacturing plant shop floor operations
- 1+ year experience with either Claroty CTD, Nozomi Networks or Dragos Security
- Deep and wide knowledge of discrete manufacturing ICS/IIoT/OT, MES/PLM, SCADA/DCS, HMI, PAC/PLC
- Moderate level understanding of IT-OT convergence, Purdue Model, IDMZ concepts, manufacturing factory network technologies, systems, and concepts.
- Broad knowledge of Rockwell Automation or Siemens manufacturing automation enterprise software products
- General understanding of NIST CSF Manufacturing Profile (IR 8183), NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-82, ISA 62443 Parts 2-1 and 3-3
- At least one (1) applicable industry certifications such as Security+, CISSP, CISM, CRISC or similar
- Automotive or heavy industrial manufacturing industries vertical work experience
- Advanced degree in cybersecurity, information systems or computer science
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.