Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently looking for a Senior NVH Test Engineer with specialization in powertrain NVH at a component, system and vehicle level. Candidates will need a broad engineering awareness, ideally experienced in powertrain noise and vibration. A successful candidate will be involved in everything from continuous improvement and optimization's of current products, through to design and development of future powertrain and vehicle programs. You will need to be focused on delivering excellent performance to our customers, strong self-starters, team collaborators, excellent problem solvers, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Working within a skilled and versatile team, you will support NVH target setting and work to ensure attribute performance meets targets at a vehicle and powertrain level.
- Root cause and develop methods to control structure borne and airborne noise sources.
- Perform vehicle level attribute testing and assessments.
- Perform component and system level attribute testing on powertrain dynamometers and test fixtures, and correlate system and component behavior's to powertrain and vehicle performance.
- Develop innovative technical concepts to achieve NVH targets while meeting those of cost, packaging and mass.
- 5 + years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3+ years with a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Experienced in the NVH data acquisition, especially with rotating machinery. Using microphones, accelerometers, torque transducers.
- Ability to analyze designs and results based on engineering principles
- Experience using order analysis, torsional vibration analysis, sound intensity mapping, experimental modal analysis, and transfer path analysis for structure borne noise in vehicles
- Strong fundamental understanding of digital signal processing, psychoacoustics, and the use of sound quality metrics to record, track and report NVH performance in an appropriate manner
- Understanding of how gear design and the physical properties of gears can influence NVH performance
- Understanding of electromagnetic interactions in electric motors relate to NVH performance
- Experience of Siemens LMS Test. Lab and Artemis Suite
- Familiarity with CANape or similar calibration or controls software
- Previous experience taking a vehicle or powertrain from concept to production
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $115,000-165,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.