Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Functional Safety Engineer. This position requires experienced professionals with hands-on experience in functional safety engineering in the context of ISO 26262 at an OEM or Tier 1.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Drive the development of functional safety system requirements and functional decomposition for automotive systems.
- Actively contribute to the definition and/or confirmation of the architecture in the vehicle from the perspective of functional safety.
- Define the functional safety concept for the system, hardware, and software according to ISO 26262 standards.
- Collaborate with hardware, software, design, and validation engineers to ensure design meets safety requirements.
- Contribute to the decision making at various levels of management driven by systems knowledge and develop detailed requirements.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop hazard analysis and safety concept
- Support cross-functional team’s efforts on DFMEA activity.
- Support functional safety validation tests.
- Work closely with internal teams and suppliers to define functional safety interfaces between project partners. Generate DIAs and other necessary functional safety information for supplier systems/components.
- Help implement and master functional safety processes and tools to ensure Lucid Motors’ vehicle provides world-class safety.
- Work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering with a minimum of 5+ years of work experience in the battery or automotive industry as a functional safety engineer or related role.
- Advanced Degree in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering with a minimum of 3+ years of work experience in the battery or automotive industry as a functional safety engineer or related role.
- Knowledge of vehicle embedded systems and functions in vehicles.
- Knowledge of automotive product development process and the V-Model system development, verification, and validation framework.
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 and experience developing and delivering the major work products of a functional safety program.
- Experience supporting external/third-party reviews of functional safety work products.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best product.
- Collaborative approach to working closely with development teams.
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility share between supplier and OEM.
- Experience with functional safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ) and requirements management tools (e.g. Jama).
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills.
- Experience with High Voltage systems in electric vehicles.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and using related tools
- Knowledge of CMMI and Automotive Spice and their role in delivering a quality product
- Experience developing and delivering embedded system hardware and/or software
- Experience with driver assistance and autonomous driving
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.