Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Engineer, Aerodynamics. You will join our Aerodynamics team to contribute to the aerodynamic performance development of our vehicles. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to the aerodynamic design and development of world class vehicles
- Design, optimize, test, validate and implement into production innovative aerodynamic solutions
- Contribute to the development of robust yet efficient Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) processes to perform accurate vehicle aerodynamic simulations
- Work interactively and efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative environment, directly interfacing with the design studio and other engineers, and working with suppliers
- 5 + years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years with a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical or Aerodynamics Engineering
- Solid understanding of aerodynamic fundamentals, CFD techniques and wind tunnel testing
- An ability to create CAD models to an excellent standard
- Working knowledge of various CFD software
- Experience with wind tunnel and track testing
- A team player attitude and Outstanding communication and reporting skills
- Experience in automotive or motorsport preferred
- Hands-on experience with prototyping
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.