Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead the development of schematics and layouts for automotive control units in lighting systems and PCBs in light modules.
- Understand and apply knowledge of LEDs, LED drivers, LDOs, DC/DC converters, PMICs, and automotive SOCs in design and development processes.
- Ensure compliance with specifications and standards specific to the body electronics and lighting domain, such as ISO 26262, AEC-Q100, and automotive communication protocols.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define requirements and specifications for control units and lighting systems.
- Perform design reviews and provide technical guidance to junior engineers.
- Work closely with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure the availability of quality components for production.
- Develop test strategies and validation plans for control units and lighting systems, including environmental testing, functional testing, and EMC/EMI testing.
- Analyze and troubleshoot electrical issues, ensuring timely resolutions and continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in electrical engineering with expertise in the body electronics and lighting domain.
- Strong understanding of electrical schematics, layouts, and PCB design principles.
- Proficient in utilizing design tools such as Altium Designer or Cadence Allegro.
- In-depth knowledge of LEDs, LED drivers, LDOs, DC/DC converters, PMICs, and automotive SOCs.
- Familiarity with automotive specifications and standards related to body electronics and lighting, including ISO 26262 and AEC-Q100.
- Experience with automotive communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, and Ethernet.
- Proven experience in developing test plans and conducting validation tests for electrical components and systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot complex electrical issues.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external suppliers.
- Experience in designing lighting systems for automotive applications.
- Familiarity with optical design principles, including light distribution and beam patterns.
- Knowledge of advanced lighting technologies, such as Adaptive Front Lighting Systems (AFS) and Matrix LED systems.
- Understanding of thermal management techniques in lighting systems.
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) principles.
- Working knowledge of automotive safety standards and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Bay Area Range - $115,000 - 165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.