Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Sr. Dimensional Engineer (DFM/BiW) will be involved in complete model launch phase – from product design development, manufacturing specification development, tooling & equipment development to line commissioning and SOP. The role requires deep understanding of Body product design, GD&T, and manufacturing processes. This role requires to develop the build plan of a product from the ground up based on manufacturing process feasibility and best dimensional quality. Role will also require hands on involvement for product assembly & tooling measurements, troubleshooting and certification. This role requires to work in cross functional team environment with a strong influential ability to drive product design build based on best manufacturing practices for body accuracy.
- Develop / architect body build sequence based on manufacturing process size scope, body dimensional accuracy, process variation
- Develop / architect body assembly datum strategy based on efficient & flexible assembly tooling design and body dimensional accuracy control
- Lead Product DFM, Simultaneous Engineering activities and support NPI – design feasibility, dimensional & body accuracy feasibility, body sequencing, tooling design
- Work with Product Engineering for DFM related product design changes
- Develop Manufacturing based variation analysis models and align with product design variation analysis to meet design requirements based on manufacturing reality
- Align body equipment PLP and part / assembly level GD&Ts and develop Body dimensional control points to ensure closed loop dimensional traceability
- Lead & Manage Prototype builds and New Model Launch Body Dimensional accuracy plan
- Analyze, troubleshoot and develop control plan to meet body dimensional metrics and contain variation
- Coordinate with Metrology to manage measurement, inspection and verification work flow for prototype and product launch / commissioning builds
- Hands on involvement – participate and buy-off on Fixture/tooling part fitting, fixture certification, product assembly measurements and certification
- Lead dimensional build activities during tooling try outs at launch to achieve stable, repeatable and in dimensional spec body prior to SOP
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, Stamping & NPI team for feedback loop for stampings, extrusions, castings, etc.
- Collaborate with product and manufacturing engineering on new manufacturing process research and development
- Participate in new manufacturing process specification development, assembly tooling design reviews and buy-offs
- Develop assembly fixture, ACP / PCF fixture specifications and manage procurement for model launch programs
- Work with Quality Engineering team to problem solve and improve overall product quality with dimensional body accuracy focus
- Support stamping gage / check fixtures Buy-off
- Support PPAP process as needed from supplier parts
- Develop Facility Specifications & Bid Documentation and participate in facility (building) and process equipment RFQ process
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering & NPI team in coordinating & tracking Product Release and engineering changes
- Knowledge of latest innovations in manufacturing engineering and applications
- Maintain strong relationships with other company groups (Product Design, Production Engineering, Studio Engineering, Metrology, Supply Chain, Supplier Quality, etc) to progress BIW Manufacturing objectives
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or related Field with 5+ years of relative experience; Masters preferred
- Strong Interposal Skills with ability to Coordinate cross functional teams and deliver target initiatives
- Expert in GD&T
- Experience in Dimensional Variation Analysis (3D and 2D Stack up)
- Experience in using Polyworks software
- Experience in Aluminum and Steel Body Structures
- Experience with Measurement Systems, Metrology equipment (ie. Faro Arms, Light Scanners, etc.)
- Knowledge of Production & Quality Control in manufacturing
- Extensive Experience in BIW Product development and Manufacturing Processes
- Software: 3DCS, AutoCAD, Catia (3DExperience) and MS Office
- Six Sigma Green Belt &/or proven Experience with Statistical Process Control
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Independent and Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- 40% Domestic and International Travel Required
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $115,000 - $165,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.