Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking Senior Class-A Modelers to join our electric vehicle design team. If you’re the kind of person that can identify a problem and is eager to help develop the solution, then we want to talk to you!
As an ideal candidate, you must exhibit a positive attitude and take pride in the quality of your work. You should have the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, highly creative environment.
- Create quality, accurate 3D Digital surface models of exterior and interior parts that communicate conceptual design intent using Autodesk Alias or ICEM Surf
- Develop properties from the concept stage to production-ready quality for tooling release
- Advise and suggest solutions to overcome design, engineering or GD&T issues and improve product appearance
- Work on a mix of advanced design, show car, and production projects
- Be a great communicator! Our ability to maintain a close synergy between design, modeling, Aero, Engineering and Project Management is one of the things that makes Lucid different
- 5-8 years of surfacing experience with ALIAS or ICEM Surf in a top-tier production environment, preferably in an automotive
- An Expert level, detail-oriented, ALIAS or ICEM user with an innate understanding of highlighting, curvature analysis, dimensional variation and the effect of material selection on the A-Surface
- Thorough understanding of tooling design, sheet metal stamping, human factors, safety requirements, gaps and flushness
- Degree or foreign equivalent in Automotive Design or Engineering preferred.
- Solid grasp of 3DX, CATIA V5 or NX is beneficial
- Degree or foreign equivalent in Automotive Design or Engineering preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $104,000 - $143,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.