Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Diagnostic Systems Engineer to join our Diagnostics Team. You will own Diagnostic development for certain ECUs as well as collaborate with engineers on Manufacturing/Service/Remote Diagnostic implementation.
- Lead the diagnostics effort
- Clarify customer requirements, work with service manufacturing organizations to gather and implement requirements, identify needs for EOL tests
- Work with EE architecture and integration team on diagnostic architectures
- Work with Systems, Control, Software Engineers on functional diagnostics
- Structure, develop, and maintain DTCs, DIDs, RIDs, and relevant data
- Configure UDS services as needed for each sub system
- Create and release diagnostic requirements using authoring tools based on ODX
- Work interactively with cross functional teams and suppliers to implement, verify, validate requirements
- Support on-going development of test specification and relevant tooling lists
- Support verification/validation, requirement/test case authoring
- 5+ years of Automotive experience in Diagnostics
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Computer Science, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of relevant standards: ISO 14229, ISO 15765, ISO 13400, ISO 22901
- Diagnostic specification/authoring tool experience (CANdela Studio, ODX Studio, or similar)
- Hands on experience in using test equipment and validation tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe
- Supplier management experience and a strong background in working in cross functional groups
- Experience with requirement management tool such as Jama, Doors or similar
- Experience in automotive applications and applicable interfaces such as Automotive Ethernet, CAN, LIN
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills both on test bench and in vehicles
- Experience in diagnostic sequences such as ECU reprogramming and how tester exchanges information ECUs
- Experience with JAMA or other requirements capture tools preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $127,000 - $181,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.