Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Design Engineer for Lighting. The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering, design, development, timing, prototype, release and launch for lighting components and systems. Candidates should be excellent engineers and organizers that have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
Create engineering studies of concept, package, lay out within vehicle in early development stages & internal in-house projects.
- Design components and products according to system targets for craftsmanship, function, cost, efficiency, weight
- Manage parts from initial design to prototype phase, and serial production.
- Create & responsible for engineering documentation such as TES’s (Tech. Spec’s), DFMEA’s (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and DVP’s (Design Verification Plan)
- Coordinate testing and validation activities with tier 1 and internally with vehicle validation
- Manage EBOM (Engineering Bill of Materials)
- Manage and track suppliers' activities to successfully complete product development, validation all the way through series production.
- Design CAD models to comply with internal deliverables and support tier-1 supplier when required, collaborate with supplier during DFM, Moldflow and tooling design approvals.
- Verify and approve final component and product design prior to release.
- Communicate with internal interfaces and departments including data transfer.
- Respect time schedule of project, coordinate all necessary activities to guarantee milestones are achieved.
- Support vehicle prototype build activities and coordinate product optimization based on testing feedback.
- Development of Engineering Statement of Work for lighting devices
- Actively participate in the iterative process with Lucid design/studio team to deliver optimal balance of function, form, and cost.
- Development assembly strategy including guiding, locating, and mounting to vehicle to meet build objectives.
- Interpret CAE simulation from Lucid internal attributes, as well as from tier 1 to integrate necessary product optimizations.
6 plus years of engineering experience in automotive sector
- Proven experience in design/development engineering in lighting devices with a high efficiency approach
- Knowledge of plastics, composites, and basic sheet metal
- Knowledge of injection molding and plastic bonding processes
- Experienced with CATIA V5 and V6 (NX, Unigraphics is acceptable)
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R), Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and other technical documents
- Knowledgeable in GD&T fundamentals
- Willingness to travel to suppliers, and assembly plant during the launch.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Technology knowledge for tooling, electronics production and testing are a plus.
- autonomous in CAD development, Part Design and Generative Shape design
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrate understanding of design process from initial concept stages through tooling released and production launch.
- Ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing, budget constraints.
Previous lighting devices in-plant launch experience preferred.
- Previous automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Bay Area Range - $115,000 - 165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.