Sr. Counsel, Privacy
Newark, CA, United States
8 days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid Motors is looking for an experienced privacy attorney with a demonstrated capability to implement privacy programs in highly regulated markets. They will work directly with the business and engineering teams to support the privacy compliance program, communicate local regulatory requirements, evaluate proposed solutions for product deployment, and assist on complex privacy issues in international markets.
- Serve as a privacy subject matter expert to the organization and provide practical, timely counsel in response to business concerns and requests.
- Partner closely with our HR, IT, compliance, financial services, engineering, procurement and other business teams on privacy matters to deliver practical and business-minded legal advice.
- Provide legal support to work streams and processes relating to the rollout and maintenance of privacy compliance programs.
- Advise operational and governance teams on regulatory requirements during the development and implementation of local market privacy programs including in Asia, EU, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Track, evaluate, and internally report on the impact of and developments relating to existing, new and pending U.S., European and international privacy and data protection laws including the CCPA/CPRA, GLBA, FCRA, GDPR, China PIPL, and translate that into practical, effective advice; and support compliance efforts related to these laws.
- Track, evaluate and internally report on the impact of U.S., European, and international legislative, regulatory and legal developments, and industry guidelines involving privacy, and drive compliance strategies accordingly.
- Drive privacy by design and default through the product development process
- Counsel the organization in support of new business models or new technology offerings
- Engage and manage outside counsel as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of reporting and applications to the appropriate data processing authorities.
- Review, revise, and negotiate privacy and security provisions within contractual agreements.
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar.
- Seven (7) or more years of legal experience, minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in privacy compliance. Automotive industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience helping corporate clients develop and implement privacy compliance programs in Asia, EU, or other international markets.
- A strong grasp of technical and engineering concepts in automotive, IoT or mobility platforms.
- Strong analytical skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex legal analysis and requirements to all layers in the business.
- Ability to work creatively to evaluate and provide practical solutions to novel legal issues.
- Certification by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP/A, CIPP/US, or CIPP/E) strongly preferred.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $180,000 - 220,000 annually
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.