Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Senior Battery Cell Safety Engineer. This role is responsible for leading li-ion battery cell safety development and working close with the battery systems design and safety engineers. The applicant should be a creative and analytical thinker with a deep technical understanding of li-ion battery cells and proven leadership and project management expertise.
- Lead the development of non-standardized safety test items and procedures to evaluate cell’s safety characteristics supporting Lucid’s internal development process .
- Own FMEA of battery cells.
- Work along with external cell suppliers as well as internal cross functional teams on 8D reports, supplier audits, and continuously improving Lucid’s cell safety requirements.
- Develop safety specification for Lucid’s next generation product’s battery cells
- Manage development timelines, deliverables, analysis, and reporting of related projects.
- Be the in-house expert on industry’s cutting-edge of cell safety design, improvement, and evaluation method.
- 5+ years industry experience in battery cell safety related engineering and/or research role.
- Demonstrated success in spearheading novel safety test development and resolving critical technical problems.
- Deep understanding of development and manufacturing processes from preferably tier 1 material and/or cell manufacturer.
- MS degree preferred in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics, Chemistry or Materials
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.