Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking Android software engineer to work on the user interface for automotive infotainment system.
- Work in conjunction with the user experience design team to define, scope, and refine the user-facing features and interactions.
- Design, implement, and deliver the in-vehicle software utilizing the underlying platform, frameworks, and SDKs.
- Work in conjunction with platform software engineers to analyze and optimize the system to achieve a highly responsive user experience.
- Diagnose, analyze, and resolve relevant issues based on testing, and user validation.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Android development, and proven industry experience of shipping Android software products.
- Domain knowledge and experience of software development on the Android system, and have worked with multiple area of Android SDK.
- Proficiency in Java programming to write clean and well structured code.
- Experience with IDEs, source code management, unit testing, code review, issue tracking, and graphics performance analysis tools. Ability to communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively.
- Passion for user interactions and doing so with excellence.
- Desire and willingness to constantly learn new knowledge and skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with automotive infotainment systems.
- Experience building maps and navigation software.
- Familiarity working with Linux / embedded systems. Experience working with Android framework, HAL, and building AOSP.
- Experience working in an Agile software development process.
- Ability to rapidly prototype UI solutions for internal demonstrations and technical evaluations.
- BS in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $108,000-$148,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.