Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer for our Cloud Microservices in Cyber Security team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to define how we partner with the other engineering teams to provide a productive and frictionless end-to-end developer experience encompassing the entire development, release, and operating lifecycle. You will design and implement our cloud applications.
- Design, develop, and enhance cloud-based microservices.
- Design implement applications using Golang, C++, and Node.js
- Develop and deploy containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes
- Create and maintain Architecture, Design, Troubleshooting, Deployment, Configuration documents.
- Make key technical decisions and guide engineering vision.
- Develop frameworks, services, and the necessary tooling to help other engineers build high quality applications.
- Evangelize software engineering best practices and lead by example.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in a major programming language like Golang, C/C++, Python, Ruby, or Java
- Knowledge with Cloud Native Platforms including Kubernetes, Open Shift, Docker, or Cloud Foundry in the public cloud.
- Knowledge with Containers and/or Serverless, Microservices, Functions, Event-driven/reactive programming or other Cloud Native architectures
- Proficiency in Cyber Security concepts, PKI, Certificate Life Cycle Management, Cryptography, OpenSSL
- Knowledge about deploying systems into a production Cloud Native Environment
- Knowledge about cloud and application security
- Knowledge with NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra and MongoDB/MariaDB
- Knowledge of message or event-driven architectures (such as RabbitMQ/Queues or Kafka)
- Skilled with integrations with various platforms and systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team on high profile, critical projects.
- Excellence in communication (both written and spoken) with peers and non-technical people alike.
- Excited about designing, building, and maintaining of distributed systems.
- advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $108,000 - $135,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.