Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid Motors is seeking a Senior Software Functional Safety Engineer. This position requires experienced professionals with hands-on experience in functional safety engineering in the context of ISO 26262 at an OEM or Tier 1 with particular focus on Part 6 – Product Development at the Software Level. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environmentLucid Mo
- Guide software development teams towards successful implementation of ISO 26262.
- Drive the development of software functional safety work products to support the software safety case.
- Define the software safety plan, safety case, guidelines, templates and conduct confirmation reviews for software safety work products.
- Consult with, mentor, and coach software development teams in establishing ISO 26262 compliant procedures and corresponding work products.
- Conduct software tool evaluation and qualification activities.
- Specify software functional safety requirements to support the functional safety concept and technical safety concept.
- Develop safety analysis including FTA, FMEA, dependent failure analysis, freedom from interference.
- Specify SW unit, integration and HW-SW integration test guideline and plan.
- Collaborate on Functional Safety with hardware and system development teams, suppliers, and other stake holders.
- Knowledge of embedded software development processes and the systems engineering V-model.
- Experienced in C or C++ programming and applying MISRA guidelines.
- Understanding of AUTOSAR based architectures.
- Experience with model-based design; creating control systems & models with Matlab/Simulink.
- Experience with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA) and issue tracking tools (e.g. Jira) and functional safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ).
- Knowledge of one or more vehicle embedded systems and functions related to EV propulsion, Infotainment, ADAS, Chassis, etc.
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility between Supplier and OEM.
- A collaborative approach to working closely with development teams.
- Experience with electric propulsion systems, body controls, high voltage or ADAS systems including relevant controls.
- Knowledge and experience with automotive processors.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and using related tools.
- Appreciation of CMMI and Automotive Spice and their role in delivering a quality product.
- BS in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering and 5 years of work experience as a Functional Safety engineer or related role.
- MS in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering and 3 years of work experience as a functional safety engineer or related role.
The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Bay Area: $115,000 - $165,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive
awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.