Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a Flutter Engineer, you will be a key member of our mobile development team. You will be responsible for building high-quality features and ensuring reliable operation on iOS and Android devices. You will prototype new features while maintaining and improving existing features.
Your contributions always include test coverage, and you are constantly looking to improve our application structure, performance, and reliability.
You regularly contribute constructive feedback in peer code reviews. You understand how to work with and when to compromise with stakeholders to deliver a product that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
*Please note, are roles are onsite (no hybrid or remote options available) requiring relocation to Bay Area, CA*
- You work well within a team and collaborate effectively with external teams.
- You possess technical depth in Flutter development, architecture, and best practices in modern mobile app development.
- You have a strong professional coding experience with Dart.
- You are self-motivated and dedicated to writing clean, performant, and maintainable code.
- You produce timely results in fast-paced environments.
- You have great attention to detail.
- You care about quality and performance.
- You strongly desire to learn new technologies beyond Flutter Development (ex., iOS, Android, BLE ,etc.)
- You have a strong analytical and problem-solving attitude.
- You are skilled at investigating issues, documenting, and proposing solutions to fix problems.
- You’re experienced in working with Agile scrum methodologies.
- 4+ years experience in building mobile applications using Flutter.
- Advanced Dart programming experience.
- Must have contributed to at least one app in the Google PlayStore or AppStore.
- Advanced experience in building UI (Flutter Widgets/Layout).
- Solid understanding and experience working with back-end services.
- Effective experience in writing unit and integration tests.
- Effective debugging techniques to debug iOS or Android.
- Experience with source control systems such as git.
- Automotive systems development.
- Experience developing iOS mobile apps (Swift or Objective-C).
- Experience developing Android mobile apps (Java or Kotlin).
- Experience with NFC, Bluetooth Low Energy, or UWB.
- Experience with gRPC, Thrift, or other RPC protocols.
- Experience with BLOC, Redux, or other advanced state management techniques
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $127,000 - $181,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.