Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Algorithms Engineer, Energy Intelligence. This position requires an experienced professional with a strong industry background in state estimation and control algorithms, combined with a passion for developing robust and efficient algorithms for mass-market vehicle products. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to develop breakthrough technologies in the areas of range estimation, energy optimization, consumption visualization, and intelligent navigation
- Contribute to our world-acclaimed mass-market passenger vehicle products
- Design, prototype, and simulate control and state estimation algorithms in MATLAB / Simulink / Python
- In conjunction with system modeling engineers, develop and integrate physics-based models in various algorithms
- In conjunction with data scientists and ML engineers, develop and integrate data-driven models in various algorithms
- In conjunction with infotainment software developers, implement high-performance algorithms on vehicle embedded processors
- In conjunction with software QA engineers, develop and execute MIL tests and vehicle tests to verify algorithms
- 5 years of excellent track record in developing control algorithms for embedded applications
- Background in software and algorithms development in vehicle range, energy, efficiency estimation and optimization, or navigation
- Strong communication skills and motivation for teamwork
- Expertise in MATLAB/Simulink and/or Python
- Proficiency in Java
- Working knowledge of Android development environment and Linux
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
San Francisco Bay Area: $127,000-$181,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive
awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.