Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are seeking a talented Software Development Engineer in Automation Testing to play a vital role in ensuring that our luxury electric vehicles meet Lucid's rigorous standards. As a key member of our team, you will leverage your passion for software quality to develop a robust test automation system that supports multiple teams and initiatives. In addition to conducting automated regression tests, this system will facilitate iterative development and testing of vehicle software.
**This is an Onsite opportunity at our HQ in Newark, CA**
- Contribute to the development of a cutting-edge software test framework for automated, distributed execution.
- Develop scripts to streamline and automate device farm scaling, ensuring efficient testing operations.
- Create and install software to monitor the condition of our labs, promptly alerting the team to any testing issues.
- Actively monitor dashboards during on-call rotations, promptly addressing urgent issues within the test lab.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) testing, involving setup, hardware configuration, and communication interfaces.
- Demonstrate expertise in power monitors, supplies, serial interfaces, and Ethernet communications.
- Bachelors in computer science, computer engineering,
- 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience
- Experience working with test automation systems or developing and operating factor test benches.
- Proficiency in Python and a strong understanding of software quality factors.
- Exceptional debugging skills and the ability to troubleshoot effectively.
- Hands-on experience with lab setup and design, with a focus on scalability.
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems.
- Masters in computer science, computer engineering,
- Experience integrating microdevices, such as Arduino, into a test setup.
- Prior exposure to on-call environments and ability to provide support during urgent situations.
- Background in customer support or engineering support for developers.
The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $108,000 • $135,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive
awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.