Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an experienced Reliability Engineer to work for our Powertrain Engineering Development team. This position requires an experienced professional with a history of collecting data and supporting the reliability plan for Powertrain components in the vehicle fleet. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Statistically analyze warranty and test data to derive system, sub-system reliability using JMP, Weibull, Minitab and establish reliability targets for Lucid Powertrain systems
- Quantity risks and guide design and cross-functional teams to improve reliability
- Review design verification test plans and ensure it is comprehensive in bringing out environmental stress weakness in design/ process and ensure Lucid’s powertrain system meets lifetime reliability metrics
- Facilitate failure analysis to understand root cause and drive resolution
- Research on physics of failure and apply them to test methods to represent field behaviors
- Correlate test to field failures and identify any shortcomings in test specs
- Be a strong and vocal proponent of reliability in every phase of product development
- Hands on experience for testing equipment and methods
- High level of mathematical and data analysis capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of projects
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced startup environment with frequent prioritization adjustments
- Good understanding of high-voltage battery failure modes and effects
- 2+ years of reliability engineering experience
- Experience with Grafana and Tableau
- Experience in writing efficient code to analyze large data sets and using a database
- Experience with Atlassian, Jira and Confluence
- Capable of performing teardowns and postmortem analysis, demonstrating a critical thinking approach
- A history of working independently with limited oversight or input once a base understanding has been established
- Experience working with high-voltage, high current systems (power supplies, batteries, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $104,000-$143,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.