Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Principal Software Engineer, Full Stack with experience designing and developing a web application to collect and visualize data and provide interactive tools for our internal customers. This work will require a balance of backend architecture and implementation as well as an ability to provide excellent and intuitive web-based user interfaces. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Full stack Web development with Golang, React, and MongoDB.
- Design and develop a web application to collect and visualize data
- Work within a larger ecosystem of microservices and be able to augment those microservices to suit the needs of the web application
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define UI/UX designs and interface content
- Be curious about and responsive to internal customer pain points
- Use authoring, management, and content creation tools, applications, and digital media
- Requirements gathering and user case study to guide development
- Develop and deploy web applications in a cross-platform, cross-browser environment
- Define test cases and develop a test harness to ensure proper coverage
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability, and usability
- Establishing reusable code, libraries, and patterns
- Participate in agile and scrum best practices as we strive for continuous integration and deployment (CI-CD)
- Supporting production operations and provide engineering-level insight on platform issues
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming principles
- 8+ years of experience with Node.js and React framework
- 8+ years of experience with backend systems such as Golang, Python, Ruby, Java
- Proficiency in NoSQL storage such as Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience in building and deploying applications using Docker and K8s.
- Familiarity with web development and debugging tools.
- Understanding of cloud-based development and deployment
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organization skills, and dedication to quality
- Attention to detail and an appreciation for design and beautiful UX Desired Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Master's Degree preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $214,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.