Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Powertrain Systems Engineer to join the Lucid team responsible for developing and integrating our technology into Motorsport and OEM applications. The successful candidate will exhibit a clear understanding of electric powertrain systems and have experience integrating and validating these types of products within a customer facing role. The candidate must have a proven track record of success across multiple engineering disciplines, including systems, controls, hardware and validation engineering.
This will be a remote role based in the UK with significant time spent at our OEM partner and will include travel to test sites and to Lucid offices. You will represent Lucid as the main on-site point of contact at our important OEM partner.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a proactive, can-do attitude and approaches their work systematically with vigor, determination, and accuracy. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the Lucid Hardware, Controls, Software and Systems Architecture teams to plan and execute the successful integration of our powertrain technology.
- Ensure vehicle dependent specifications & requirements are captured, monitored, and validated.
- Ensure adjacent systems of the vehicle are developed to enable successful integration of our powertrain system components.
- Provide on-site troubleshooting of integration and validation efforts.
- Define and execute tests on the vehicle to validate the powertrain system.
- Proactively identify key risks and issues, prioritize, identify mitigations, and drive to closure.
- Develop tools and processes to continuously improve how we apply our technology to motorsport and OEM applications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing or integrating electric powertrain systems.
- Experience collecting and managing requirements using an engineering requirements management tool.
- Experience with data logging, processing and analysis.
- Industry experience with formal requirements management tools.
- Industrial experience of FMEA and risk management processes.
- Industry experience with electric powertrain.
- Good organizational skills.
- BS degree in mechanical, electrical or other appropriate engineering discipline.
- Master’s degree in engineering preferred.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $138,000-$198,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.