Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Perception Software Architect to be responsible for the design of next generation perception systems. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of technical excellence in automotive sensing and tracking applications.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
This role is located on-site at Headquarters in Newark, CA.
- Work in a world-class ADAS/Autonomous Driving team
- Design the perception software architecture for Lv.2/3 autonomous driving systems
- Contribute to the perception roadmap, strategic planning, and development timeline
- Define systems requirements and identify performance metrics for individual components
- Ensure system architecture meets functional safety and redundancy considerations
- Closely collaborate with feature and module owners to ensure a seamless and robust implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of Autonomous Driving experience.
- Technical expertise in the fields of automotive sensing, computer vision, sensor fusion, or machine learning
- Good software development experience
- Experience working with automotive-grade sensors and embedded platforms
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and applicable safety standards for typical ADAS features (e.g., ASPICE, ISO26262, Euro NCAP, MISRA, AUTOSAR)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of technical excellence
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience
- Knowledge of different computing platform
- Experience with real-time programming of embedded platforms and their operating systems
- Track record in deploying machine models into real world environments
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $150,000 - $195,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.