Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a team member on the Motor Gearbox Engineering design team, you will have design ownership of next generation EV mechanical propulsion systems and components for Lucid vehicles, motorsports programs and other applications. You will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with talented and passionate colleagues to design, prototype, test and launch these exciting products into production. Show your passion for innovation with our transmission and EV powertrain systems.
- Design and develop EV mechanical propulsion systems, subsystems, and components, including motors, geartrains, castings, lubrication systems and other structural, thermal, and rotational components.
- Partner with colleagues in test, manufacturing, quality, software, supply chain, vehicle attributes, and other teams to solve challenges and achieve breakthroughs that will take Lucid’s powertrain technologies to the next level.
- Work with suppliers and prototype shops to design, specify and qualify drivetrain components.
- Work with manufacturing team to define best practices for assembling powertrains, and solve assembly related issues at the plant
- Write performance and test specifications for powertrain components.
- Develop unique test methods to evaluate functionality and quantify performance benefits of design proposals
- Write business cases to justify expenditures related to performance improvements or engineering test equipment
- Manage parts through the various stages of their lifecycle, from conception to obsolescence
- As part of a growing global team, you may travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Automotive powertrain experience, or other similar experience. Transmission and EV powertrain systems preferred.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software (CAD). Catia v5/v6 highly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, ownership mindset and strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Collaborative, team player personality
- Willing to get your hands dirty
- Hands on mechanical fabrication, prototyping and/or test experience
- Casting design / gear design / Injection Mold part design
- Previous direct involvement in product launch or manufacturing support for mass production
- Experience with DMFEA, 8D, DOE, Six Sigma, or other structured problem-solving
- Experience with Ansys or other similar FEA based modeling software
- Bachelors degree plus 2 years experience or Masters preferred in Mechanical Engineering or related
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $104,000-$143,000/yr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.