Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer with structural design experience for our HV Battery Enclosure Team. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to adapt quickly within a fast-paced environment, and to always strive for perfection in product design.
- Take ownership for parts of the Battery Enclosure, completing every aspect of component engineering development from concept to production
- Optimize mechanical designs for size, weight, durability, and cost
- 3D design and GD&T drawings of complex parts and assemblies
- Integrate mechanical designs with high voltage electrical systems in a multidisciplinary environment
- Be able to demonstrate technical excellence and apply first-principle engineering to new applications
- Designing and owning basic testing that verify the system functions
- Senior-level engineering positions may be considered for candidates with extensive experience in mechanical design with automotive manufacturing processes
- Previous ownership of complex parts that have shipped in volume
- Direct experience in the mechanical design of structural components
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and material selection
- 3+ years 3D CAD experience, proficient with CATIA or similar software
- Demonstrate previous cross-functional collaboration to solve problems
- Design release engineering experience
- A desire to work hard and push boundaries
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Science (Master of Science preferred), in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Automotive, Computer Science, or other related fields
- Background in HV battery design
- Experience with automotive engineering preferred but not required
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $104,000 - $143,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.