Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Body Engineering is looking for a significant contributor to a world-class vehicle engineering team by supporting with plastics expertise and owning polymer-related aspects from concept phase to product launch.
- Be a significant contributor to a world-class vehicle engineering team by supporting with plastics expertise and owning polymer-related aspects from concept phase to product launch
- Consultation with design engineers and suppliers throughout product development process, advising on process and tooling feasibility (DFM), efficiency and cost
- Evaluation of flow studies and mold designs before tool approval and kick-off
- Development and implementation of tool specifications
- Methodical approach to testing and documentation
- Support of internal non-engineering teams and representation of Lucid material team in communication with suppliers (incl. on-site visits)
- 8+ years’ experience, evaluating DFM and supporting tool builds
- Excellent knowledge of injection tooling, including technologies such as in-mold decoration, foaming, overmolding, back-injection, vario-thermal processes
- Experience with DFM process for automotive A-surface parts
- Experience with flow simulation software (Autodesk MoldFlow)
- Proven hands-on experience with plastic injection molding process, including process optimization
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% if needed
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Worked in automotive development environment, ideally through complete product development process
- Experience with other plastic manufacturing processes and their tooling (e.g. blow molding, thermal forming, vacuum forming, compression molding, slush molding)
- BS in polymer engineering or related field
- MS preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $138,000 - $198,000Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.