Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Being a Manufacturing Engineer, General Assembly you will be involved in the complete product and process lifecycle, end to end. You will take products from concept to large scale manufacturing. You will closely work with design engineering to develop manufacturing equipment, conveyors, tools and fixtures required for full production while taking DFM concepts into consideration.
- Interface with design engineering to review product designs for Manufacturing feasibility in General Assembly.
- Provide detailed assessments and critical Design for Manufacture (DFM) reviews of Product, Process and Tooling designs.
- Take product from concept to design to prototype and finally to manufacturing.
- Translate high level assembly goals & strategy into actionable design change requests.
- Develop and implement datuming and dimensional control strategies.
- Conduct Virtual Build events to review assembly process and requirements.
- Develop process documentation and complete PFMEA’s and Quality Control Plans.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and error proofing strategies, validate load paths, tool access and ergonomics.
- Provide GA impact/cost study for the program on the design changes or unique design directions. Detailed Make v/s Buy studies are required.
- Assess in-house manufacturing capabilities and implement new processes and/or equipment where justifiable to expand those capabilities.
- Implement and expand concepts such as Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, etc., to reduce manufacturing cost and increase process quality and throughput.
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering in the development of new ideas; review of current documentation and implementation of changes as required.
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams and manufacturing engineers regarding manufacturing process and capability.
- Work with Design and Quality on PFMEA creation and maintenance.
- Directly responsible to improve overall team manufacturing engineering skills through mentoring and reviews of others work.
- Provide detailed engineering fundamental reasons to executive team where required about manufacturing decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field strongly preferred; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of related experience developing and launching complex assembly processes.
- Extensive proficiency creating written and pictorial documentation of manufacturing processes.
- Work independently with concepts and documentation from prototype to sustaining activities.
- Work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Remain engaged, pro-active, and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success.
- Ability to influence outcomes and drive initiatives in complex environments.
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize information to a general understanding, thinking abstractly and separating complex ideas into simple elements.
- Being creative and provide innovation idea to improve process/technology in the past projects is a plus.
- Communicate clearly using written and verbal skills.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% (US and International).
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint and Proficiency with CATIA, 3DX experience.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $104,000 - $143,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.