Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Manufacturing Cost Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining project budget and schedules for manufacturing equipment builds and programs. The Manufacturing Cost Engineer will work closely with Project Lifecycle Management, Vehicle Integration, Design Engineering, Logistics, New Product Introduction, Operations Engineering, Manufacturing Project Management and other cross-functional teams to ensure the Manufacturing schedule and budget is built and executed to all customer specifications.
- Create and modify Microsoft Project schedules
- Develop and maintain risk assessments to mitigate timeline and cost impacts
- Generate RFQ milestones for equipment and vet integrator proposals
- Align overall business directives and targets with manufacturing program targets
- Create, modify, and maintain budget proposals and trackers through out project conception to implementation
- Work with program management to integrate schedules across multiple teams
- Coordinate and effectively run meetings to define logic and rectify any discrepancies with schedules
- Analyze project schedules and budget for proper forecasting
- Report out schedule and budget status to project executives
- Ensure the project management team is providing updated budget and integrate all changes into the master budget tracker
- Gain holistic knowledge of project/ program requirements and implement any feedback on timing to better optimize cashflows and project timeframes
- Manage Manufacturing Engineering documentation control and distribution
- Standardize manufacturing equipment documentation and trackers
- Work with finance and purchasing teams to develop cash flow analysis
- Knowledge of capital project stage gates and deliverables is a plus
- Basic proficiency in data analysis tools and technique is desirable
- Cost Estimating, project delivery methods and contracts knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required
- 0-2 years of Project Management or Construction project controls experience
- Experience in the automotive or construction industry is a must
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to influence outcomes and drive initiatives in complex environments.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and communicates clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company
- Working knowledge of MS project or Primavera is a preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP is desired
- Possess knowledge and experience across multiple functions within product design and manufacturing
- 40% Domestic and International Travel Required
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $104,000 - $143,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.