Manager, Technical Publications
Newark, CA, United States
12 days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid is seeking to hire a Manager, Technical Publications with extensive experience in the field of technical publications and the management of technical authoring teams. As the Technical Publications Manager for Lucid you'll lead the technical writing team responsible for partnering with the Service Operations, Engineering teams, and other internal stakeholders to develop and maintain clear, concise, and effective documentation, including Owners Manuals, Service and Collision Repair methods, Technical Bulletins release notes, online knowledge base articles and more.
You will set the long-term strategy for published technical content alignment and management across the Service Operations scope of work. You will lead and collaborate with your technical writing team, providing editorial support and guidance in content development and management for Lucid Service Operations with a solid understanding of technical publishing processes, the software tools used, Style guides, localization requirements, product lifecycle.
You should be good at using data and discovering opportunities for improving processes and structured technical content. You should also be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment. This role will require you to work with the multiple teams, ensuring they have the correct understanding into the vision to prioritize product roadmaps.
The successful candidate has demonstrated technical leadership in a large, multilingual content development team. You will have extensive experience with DITA and an enterprise-wide Content Management System (CMS) and have applied knowledge of information architecture. You can lead conversations with stakeholders and partners and drive to agreement on solutions.
- Review and refine existing Technical Publications team scope and processes.
- Communicate team processes and overall direction to internal stakeholders.
- Advocate across the company for implementation of best practices for documentation and internal/external communication
- Manage, coach, and develop the Technical Writers to partner with product, agile teams, and other internal stakeholders to develop and maintain clear, concise, and effective documentation, including release notes, online knowledge base articles, and more
- Oversee daily activities of the Technical Writing team.
- Provide guidance and direction on documenting complex technical information, negotiating scope, deadlines, etc.
- Manage document control system to manage approvals and track documentation changes and updates.
- Proactively identify opportunities to provide documentation support by assessing incoming requests and working directly with end users and evaluating their feedback.
- Establish and/or maintain a documentation request system to manage change requests or requests for new content to ensure knowledge base is up-to-date and comprehensive.
- Work cross-functionally to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Act as the liaison to various cross-departmental teams to articulate impacts to their organization and ensure said impacts are documented accurately and effectively.
- Validate accuracy and completeness of documentation by observing product use and independently testing features/functionality.
- Serve as lead author/editor for new technical documents and publications as required.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, Service Engineering and Service Operations Training teams to ensure documentation is aligned and maintained on the appropriate sites.
- Establish and/or maintain the Style Guides and ensure adherence to quality assurance standards
- Establish quality standards and mechanisms for measuring deliverables against them.
- Design and implement metrics that allow the team and leadership to measure team performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with Lucid Motors policies, procedures, and core competencies
- Bachelor's degree and technical experience working with cross-functional technical and operational teams.
- 10 years proven Technical Writing Experience
- Strong Content Management Systems experience working with DITA XML content to provide optimized content usage across various publication streams. Tridion Docs experience is a plus.
- Proven successful Team Leader
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) – DITA XML
- Experience with working with structured content DITA XML
- Understanding DITA Open Toolkit and DITA-OT transformations (output formats)
- Experience in content authoring and editing tools and technologies, such as Oxygen XML Editor
- Knowledge of content localization and translation
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
CA / Bay Area: $131,000 - $170,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.