Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid Motors is seeking a highly motivated Sr. CNC Programmer, Vehicle Integration with an understanding of fundamental shop knowledge. This position will report to the Machine Shop Supervisor. The ideal candidate is extremely hands-on with solid experience in CNC machining.
Lists (For requirements, responsibilities, etc.)
- Work from solid models, technical drawings, engineering sketches, and other such documentation to produce a variety of prototype and production parts
- Analyze written specifications, drawings, rough sketches, and verbal instructions to determine operation sequences
- Work with tolerances of +/- .10 mm in most cases with less frequent requirements of +/-.01 mm
- Extensive experience programming live multi-axis machining, not just 3+2
- Understand and implement high level multi-axis machining techniques as well as HSM/HEM methods
- Maintain a tidy and safe work environment
- Develop and maintain supportive, professional relationships with technicians, designers and engineers
- 5+ years’ experience as a Machinist
- High degree of proficiency with HyperMill, NX, Tebis or WorkNC
- In-depth knowledge of G/M code along with parametric programming, macros and post processor syntax
- Understand all aspects of machine setup and operation including tool setup
- Ability to machine parts to specification working from CAD files, mechanical drawings and sketches
- Ability to read, understand, and create technical mechanical drawings, including orthographic projections, sectional views, part notes and dimensions and tolerances
- High degree of knowledge in workpiece fixturing and jig and fixture design
- Understanding of milling, turning, single-point threading, knurling, broaching, grinding, cutting, etc. and detailed functional knowledge of most common machine shop tools and machines
- Understanding of metrology, GD&T and the ability to use conventional machinist's measuring instruments
- Ability to perform calculations using geometry, trigonometry, algebra, and basic mathematics
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Completion of BS degree or equivalent is a plus
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $43.56 - $59.87/hr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.