Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This internship position will be with the Safety CAE group. This position requires a talented engineer with passion and experience to support Safety crashworthiness simulation activities. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to run FEA simulations in crashworthiness domain using lsdyna as main solver
- Proficient in usage of pre & post processing softwares like ANSA, Hyperworks, Primer for modeling and integration
- Execute component/subsystem/vehicle level CAE activities to support vehicle development projects under mentorship of seniorengineers
- Attend regular group and 1-1 meetings to present progress updates
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative working environment
- Field(s) of study: Mechanical Engineering, Structural/Civil Engineering, Materials Engineering or related field
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s, or PhD Degree program at an accredited university.
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Prior CAE or SAE club experience is a major plus
- Demonstrate ability to apply first-principles engineering
- Research experience in one of the following safety areas: Structural crashworthiness, occupant protection, human body modeling, or material characterization for crash applications
- Experience using FEA simulation tools such as Ansa, Hypermesh and LS-DYNA, etc.
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Self-starter mentality, with a strong ability to troubleshoot issues
- Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
The hourly range for internships specific to the location is $28/hr-$68/hr and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account: degree level and job-specific domain. You may be eligible for additional compensation as well as access to our medical, dental, and vision programs.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.