Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an intern, in diagnostic Controls. This position requires a student who will work with controls and diagnostic engineers to architect, specify, and test diagnostics in-vehicle systems and has a passion for EVs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work with control engineers to define industry-leading robust control algorithms and to architect and design diagnostic functions on ECU level that will be able to detect various faults
- Develop scripts and applications to automate functional, compliance, performance, and diagnostic testing
- Utilize diagnostic services (UDS) on Ethernet, CAN, and LIN for fault reporting, diagnostic data communication, and diagnostic routines
- Develop functional and software diagnostic requirements for model-based and hand-code software implementation
- Assist in developing test cases to verify and validate diagnostic functions on ECU integration and system integration level
- Work with the platform team to make the diagnostic implementation and architecture AUTOSAR-compliant
- Experience with embedded control systems
- Experience with scripting tools and methods to automate diagnostic software development and testing
- Familiarity with diagnostic fault detection and fault handling
- Experience using MATLAB, Simulink, Embedded C or Python Scripting languages
- Field(s) of study: Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related fields
- Will consider undergrads Junior level or above Pursuing Bachelor’s or master's degree
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
Nice to Have:
- Good understanding of analytical and problem-solving skills with strong engineering principles.
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics, electric power trains, or control theory
- Location: This position is in. You must be prepared to start onsite for your first day of employment.
- Availability: Full-time is preferred
- Anticipated Hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Work Environment: Mix of Lab, Office and Bay
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable.
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S employment authorization.
- Medical Benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 30+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 30+ hours a week.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
The hourly range for internships specific to the location is $28/hr-$68/hr and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account: degree level and job-specific domain. You may be eligible for additional compensation as well as access to our medical, dental, and vision programs.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.