Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The program offers a unique foray into the dynamic realm of cloud technologies. As a Cloud Engineering intern, you'll play an instrumental role in harmonizing solutions across AWS, our on-prem systems, Oracle Cloud, and Kubernetes-driven environments. This opportunity allows you to immerse yourself in real-world projects, navigate the intricacies of diverse cloud platforms, and contribute to the future of cloud computing
- Design and implement integrative solutions across AWS, on-prem systems, Oracle Cloud, and Kubernetes clusters.
- Drive optimization strategies to ensure peak performance and cost efficiency.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to capture and translate requirements into robust cloud solutions.
- Develop and refine automation tools to streamline processes across platforms, with a focus on Kubernetes deployment and orchestration.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in cloud computing, advocating for best practices.
- Address and resolve issues related to connectivity, performance, and Kubernetes configurations.
- Uphold the highest standards of security and compliance across all implementations.
- Proficiency in AWS, Oracle Cloud, and understanding of on-prem systems.
- Adept at cloud integration tools and methodologies.
- A sharp analytical mind complemented by excellent problem-solving skills.
- Stellar communication skills with an ability to articulate complex concepts.
- Team-oriented with a collaborative spirit
- Previous experience in a similar role would be a distinct advantage
- Field(s) of study: Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
- Will consider undergrads Junior level or above Pursuing Bachelor’s or master's degree
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Timing: May-August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable.
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S. employment authorization.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
The hourly range for internships specific to the location is $28/hr-$68/hr and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account: degree level and job-specific domain. You may be eligible for additional compensation as well as access to our medical, dental, and vision programs.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.