Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for an HV Battery Build Technician to join our world-class team. This position requires an experienced professional with hands-on experience of all aspects of battery pack and module build. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work combination of early and late shifts to provide extended test support coverage
- Responsible for all aspects of Battery Pack assembly, including module installation, busbar and coolant system assembly, enclosure sealing, handling and logistics
- Responsible for all aspects of Battery Module assembly, including cell placement, adhesive dispense, wire bonding, Hioki / HiPot and End of Line testing, handling and logistics
- Responsible for all aspects of Battery Pack teardown, following disassembly, diagnostic, measurement, inspection and reporting procedures
- Work closely with the Build team and supervisor to optimize pack and module delivery throughput while maintaining high standards of work
- Operate assembly tools and systems, including enclosure and coolant system leakage testing and CAN based communication tools
- Perform basic electrical testing and diagnostics
- Work with others in a cross functional environment and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Maintain a safe working environment and speak up against unsafe practices.
- Identify areas of build process improvement, supporting implementation to continuously improve the workshop
- At least 3 years of experience as a technician
- Excellent attention to detail while following instructions.
- Expert at using hand and assembly tools.
- Experience using electrical test equipment such as multimeter and resistance tester.
- Basic knowledge and proper handling of battery cells.
- Familiarity with the safety aspects of HV batteries and battery testing.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word programs.
- Familiar with electrical schematics
- High voltage certification
- Degreed technician (AA or equivalent ASE certification)
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - starting from $29.00 per hour to $40.00 per hour
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.