Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a senior level Audio & Acoustic Engineer to lead the cross functional development of our audio products. This position requires an experienced professional with a solid background in the Audio, Acoustics and Electronics industry, a proven record in premium audio system development. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with an ownership mindset and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, manage cross functional teams by influence, possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be the attribute leader for audio at Lucid working with a matrixed cross functional team.
- Conceptualize, specify, develop, test, and deliver excellent audio systems.
- Define and develop advanced in-car audio system for Lucid to ensure excellence in audio quality and sound experience.
- Be responsible for audio and acoustic measurement of audio systems within the vehicle environment and benchmarking.
- Tune and optimize acoustic performances and advance audio features in vehicle.
- Setup an audio lab and define performance and testing criteria.
- Develop and setup audio calibration tools for manufacturing of vehicle to maintain consistent and optimal acoustic performance.
- 7+ years' experience in audio system design/tuning, speaker/power amplifier specification and design, audio DSP, microphone array for voice pickup, acoustic simulation/measurement, and analysis.
- 7+ years' experience in audio or acoustic measurement and tuning software development and - free field microphones, binaural manikins, mouth simulators, audio precision etc.
- 7+ years' experience in DSP and Audio specific Software development experience.
- 7+ years' experience with various microphone and speaker technologies.
- 10+ years' experience leading cross functional engineering and product development teams
- Experience in binaural/3D audio, in-vehicle multi-zone audio.
- Familiar with sensors and transducers technologies and their application in automotive.
- Understand ANC and ARNC technologies and application in voice and speech application.
- Automotive Experience.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $212,000-$302,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.