Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid is looking for a talented and motivated Engineering Tools Technical and Support Specialist. This position requires an experienced professional to support the organization with assistance on engineering software tools, identify business process gaps, and implement efficient and effective solutions.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a proactive and collaborative attitude with an appreciation for learning and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
The Role / Responsibilities:
- As an Engineering Tools Specialist, you will provide technical support to end users of all our engineering software tools used at Lucid
- Creation of documentation of issue resolution and growing the corporate knowledge bank
- Ability to identify gaps in the engineering design process, investigate potential process improvement, and implement the solution by training/coaching or documentation
- Provide guidance regarding product evaluation, testing and troubleshooting, and deployment by optimized use of our products
- Serve as level-one contact for technical issues, continuous monitoring of defects, tracking of each problem via bug tracking system until resolution with confirmation and validation of every solution provided
- Familiarity with customer support practices such as SLAs, workflow, ticket tracking system, and customer service management
- Work with IT/software provider to understand the software capabilities/limitations of the current toolsets including CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM
- License management (Purchasing, enrollment, maintenance, and troubleshooting)
- BS Engineering or related degree
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Automotive industry experience preferred
- Strong communication skills for one-on-one support and presentation to groups
- Comfortable with developing and maintaining mid-management and user level relationships
- Problem-solving mindset
Knowledge of Engineering Software Tools:
- 3DExperience / CATIA V6, V5
- Scripting / programming skills preferred (VBScript, Python, C++, etc.)
- Surface design tools - Alias/ICEM
- Math Modeling - MATLAB/Simulink
- FEA/CFD - Abaqus, ANSYS, LS-DYNA, Altair Hyperworks
- Vehicle Networking - Vector CAN tools (CANoe, CANape, CANalyzer)
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $48,000-192,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.