Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Automotive Lighting Manager to join our team. As an Automotive Lighting Manager, you will be responsible for creating cutting-edge lighting systems that utilize state-of-the-art Laser and LED technologies. You will lead the packaging, engineering, release, and launch of vehicle lighting systems, both exterior and interior. You will work collaboratively within a cross-functional studio and vehicle engineering team, prioritizing the greater benefit of the vehicle over individual systems. Additionally, you will employ world-class tools and an innovative approach to support the generation of lighting systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Create cutting-edge lighting systems using state-of-the-art Laser and LED technologies
- Lead the packaging, engineering, release, and launch of vehicle lighting systems, both exterior and interior
- Collaborate within a cross-functional studio and vehicle engineering team to ensure the overall benefit of the vehicle
- Utilize world-class tools and innovative approaches to support the generation of lighting systems
- Mentor and lead and international team of engineers across different continents
- Report to the leadership team on different programs and development projects
- Proven experience as a manager of people and projects
- Demonstrable track record of technical excellence in vehicle lighting systems
- Solid knowledge of Laser, LED, OLED, light pipes/guides, near field lenses, fresnel prescriptions, reflector/refractor optics, AFS systems, or similar electro-mechanical functions
- Familiarity with applicable FMVSS/ECE standards, regulations, industry benchmarks, and customer requirements
- Proficiency in mechanical engineering and design of optomechanical systems
- Detailed knowledge and experience in design, tooling, and materials for plastic components
- Experience in the design, validation, and testing of automotive lighting products and components
- Understanding of vehicle electronics and communications such as LIN, CAN, and Ethernet
- Familiar with structured problem-solving methodologies such as 8D, Kaizen, DFSS, FMEA and lean manufacturing
- Experience and understanding of embedded software development
- Proficiency in FEA analysis (thermal and mechanical modeling)
- Experience in lens design or illumination optics design and raytracing
- Proficiency in optical design or simulation software (ZEMAX, LIGHT TOOLS, SPEOS, LUCID SHAPE)
- Experience with launch processes
- Hands-on approach to complement theoretical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Bay Area Range - $138,000 - 198,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.