Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a test and validation engineer with HV electronics background. The level will depend on the candidate’s experience. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for testing and validating power electronic components before mass production (Inverter, on-board charger, battery management).
- Responsible for setting up and operating tests based on test specifications (e. g. HTD/PTC durability tests, environmental tests, functional measurements)
- Commission and maintain lab equipment (e. g. battery simulators, climate chambers, chillers, fixtures)
- Collect measurement data during the test execution and perform data analysis.
- Track test progress and perform trouble shooting.
- Develop test specifications for defined test items of the test plan.
- Execute lifetime and reliability calculation based on mission profiles for test definition.
- Execute the test items, document the testing process, and deliver the test report.
- Work closely with the design group to collect all testing requirements.
- Work closely with suppliers and test labs to plan and track the validation progress.
- Support purchasing of lab equipment as needed.
- Work with Environment, Health, and Safety team to maintain and improve safety of the lab.
- Hands-on experience in lab equipment commissioning and maintenance.
- Hands-on experience in testing and validation for power electronics components.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience in DV/PV standards and practice.
- Experienced in handling test instruments & executing test methods for high power products.
- MS degree in EE
- Good understanding of lab equipment (e. g. climate chambers, chillers, battery simulators)
- Over 3 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of environmental reliability requirement for automotive and industrial
- Knowledge of automotive electronics and EV powertrain
- Background in automotive Test and Validation
- NI LabVIEW Software Tool & NI Hardware’s knowledge.
- Minimum – BS in the areas of electronic or electrical engineering.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $104,000-$143,000/yr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.