Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The EMC technician will be an integral part of the High Voltage Test & Validation team and will help ensure the robustness of Lucid’s electronic High Voltage modules by performing various electromagnetic compatibility tests on various modules. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Performing Radiated and Conducted Emissions and Immunity Testing and Electrostatic Discharge Testing on High Voltage Power Electronics
- Support Design Engineers during EMC pre-compliance and compliance testing.
- Perform testing to according to Lucid module level EMC specifications and international standards like CISPR 25, ISO-11452 series, ISO-7637 series, ISO-10605
- Perform UNECE Reg10 test on vehicle level.
- Collaborate/Work with cross-functional teams to develop EMC pre-compliance plans/procedures for both system and component level testing at both in-house and external labs.
- Read and review EMC test plans to ensure testing is compliant to those plans and the underlying test procedure.
- Document lab test procedures & instructions, record and analyze test data, and provide feedback to the design team as to the performance of their designs.
- Familiar with EMC test environment setup for different FCC/CISPR standards for both emission and immunity requirements. Prepare EMC test reports for in-house DV/PV EMC testing.
- Assist in the design and assembly of EMC test setups
- Test/Support EMC Vehicle level testing at external laboratories
- Support second shifts / weekend to meet critical program timelines, as needed.
- 2 plus years of experience in performing EMC testing in an ISO-17025 accredited test facility
- Proficiency in EMC testing such as radiated emissions, conducted emissions, ESD, Surge, radiated immunity, conducted immunity, bulk current injection, magnetic immunity, power dips and interruptions, etc
- Proficiency in test instruments such as spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, oscilloscope, Surge Transient generator, ESD simulator, anechoic chamber, antennas, etc
- Ability to read and understand electric circuit diagrams
- Soldering and cable assembly experience is a plus
- Familiarity with automotive EMC test procedures is a plus
- Experience in PE and EMC simulation workflows is a plus.
- Willingness to work off-shifts and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments.
- AS/BS/BET in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Electrical Technology -or- equivalent experience
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - starting from $29.00 per hour to $40.00 hour per hour
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.