Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Test Engineer, Platform Software. This position requires an experienced professional with an embedded software or firmware development background and testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work with other Platform engineers to identify, create and implement test cases and validation criteria for Platform level features of an ECU.
- Design and build test benches for the automated testing of diagnostic functionality of an ECU, ECU communication and automated testing of the bootloader.
- Schedule test runs according to the release schedule of the software, document and report test results
- Create test tools for automation, create and improve automation scripts.
- Document and track issues as appropriate and participate in triaging of issues with team members to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Define and identify the gaps in the process for test and validation of Platform level features of an ECU and work with the Platform software engineers to update the requirement documents.
- Work with functional safety engineers to develop test cases and validation criteria to satisfy Functional Safety requirements as per ISO 26262.
- Work with the relevant engineers to meet diagnostic coverage requirements.
- Troubleshoot and debug various systems and ECUs using lab and measurement equipment including power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters as well as tools such as debuggers, Vector CANoe, CANalyzer.
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement.
- Knowledge of Vector CANoe and Diagnostic analysis tools.
- Moderate knowledge of Python/CAPL scripting language.
- Hands-on skills to design, build and bring up test benches.
- Experience working with ECUs and troubleshooting hardware and debugging software
- Knowledge and experience with automotive communication protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, LIN, UDS and related tools to measure and command signals, through scripting or otherwise.
- Knowledge of EV vehicle operation.
- Experience with scripting tools and methods to optimize SW development and testing activities
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other related fields
- MS preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $127,000 - $181,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.