Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer, Battery Software. This position requires an individual with a strong background in application and peripheral driver development on embedded microcontrollers. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to advance our cutting-edge battery and energy management systems
- Contribute to our world-acclaimed battery products for mass-market passenger vehicles and stationary energy storage systems
- Write production quality C code for real-time embedded systems
- Develop and take ownership of mission and safety-critical features like state machine, fault handling, and diagnostics for battery and energy products
- Interface with hardware peripherals and implement serial communication protocols
- Verify software using unit test and hardware-in-the-loop test framework
- Develop software tools and scripts to for various software and hardware integration tests
- 3 years of demonstrated excellence in embedded systems development
- Proficiency in C/C++, and python
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Experience in multi-core software development for safety-critical applications
- Solid background in physics and electrical engineering
- Excellent track record in delivering embedded software for complex commercial products
- Strong embedded C skills and experience
- Experience in desktop application development and hardware peripheral interfaces
- Experience developing battery management systems
- Experience delivering customer-facing software
- Working knowledge of AUTOSAR
- Working knowledge of automotive ethernet, UDS diagnostic protocol
- Experience in EV industry and battery management systems
- Proficiency in object oriented programming using C++ and/or Python
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields, MS preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $108,000-148,500
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.