Newark, CA, United States
5 days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid Motors is seeking a highly qualified attorney to join the Sales, Marketing and Advertising Legal team as Counsel. This person will report to the Associate General Counsel for Sales, Marketing and Advertising and will support Lucid Motors’ sales team on a broad spectrum of legal issues related to the sale of Lucid’s vehicles. The attorney will collaborate with other members of the legal department to support the growth of the company.
- Work creatively and collaboratively to coordinate legal and regulatory requirements with sales goals.
- Advise sales team on laws and regulations relating to new and used vehicle sales, including dealership licensing requirements.
- Support market entry in new markets, both domestically and globally.
- Identify legal risks and opportunities and propose practical, business-minded solutions.
- Draft consumer-facing agreements related to vehicle sales and new product offerings.
- Provide guidance and support for the introduction of new products and services.
- Maintain expanded knowledge of laws/regulations, trends, and court decisions impacting the electric vehicle industry.
- Respond promptly to internal department requests, summarizing and communicating legal risks while allowing a balance of risk that conforms to the company’s business objectives.
- Collaborate with members of the legal team to complete legal projects and initiatives that may or may not be directly related the Counsel role.
- Four or more years in legal practice with in-house experience and/or private practice in consumer sales and/or marketing.
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive sales, consumer protection, privacy, and e-commerce laws as well as industry trends and new laws that will impact the company.
- Experience with TCPA, UDAAP, FTC and consumer protection laws.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and develop strong working relationships while maintaining adherence to legal standards.
- Sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and decision-making.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving business and legal environment.
- Flexibility and interest in working on an array of legal matters in order to understand and advise the company on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Law degree from a nationally recognized law school.
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $165,000-$180,000 per year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.