Closures Control Engineer, Closures
Newark, CA, United States
3 days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
- Work closely with hardware and systems engineers to collect subsystem and system level requirements in JAMA.
- Work directly with controls engineering to drive state diagram creation and subsequent implementation with Simulink.
- Conduct periodic design reviews to discuss and create interface control documentation.
- Work closely with verification and validation teams to define and execute test plans for controls logic.
- Support vehicle level test plan development and execution.
- Work closely with electrical engineers to help define circuit topology for controlling closures mechanisms.
- Work with software development teams to ensure feature/function delivery is on target with master feature list.
- Engage with suppliers on a regular basis to ensure components are meeting design intent, and regulatory compliance.
- Up to 25% domestic travel.
- Passion for automotive engineering and a drive to deliver a best-in-class product.
- Minimum of one to four years of automotive engineering experience working on product development with a focus in mechatronics and or controls.
- Knowledge of simulation development tools such as Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of modern controls techniques and theory.
- Ability to work hands on with vehicles and instrumentation.
- Experience with instrumentation tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent or equivalent work-related experience.
and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
SF Bay Area [ 104K - 143K ]
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.