Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Bring your fresh ideas and collaboration skill. Bring your compassion for the environment. Bring your thirst for creating something that actually matters. They will all be nurtured here.
If you’re pursuing your degree to make an impact in the world, Lucid can help you do exactly that by driving to create a better, more sustainable future.
- Develop control systems for assigned features of the vehicle
- Develop requirements and related test cases for features modeled in Matlab/Simulink
- Work with other controls engineers to improve and/or develop a simulation model/platform to analyze, optimize and troubleshoot various aspects of the vehicle
- Assist integration of features into the controller code base
- Test the developed software on the vehicle and assist in calibration of the features
- Support Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) for various features to comply with ISO 26262 standards
- Develop diagnostic interfaces for the controller
- Work in cross-functional teams to solve controls problems
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- Working knowledge of model-based design and experience using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow
- Solid understanding of Automatic Control Systems, with a firm grasp of classical control theory tools like compensator design and PID tuning
- 1+ years of experience with automotive control systems
- Good understanding of C/C++
- Experience with failure analysis methodology like FMEA and fault trees
- Experience with defining/interpreting requirements
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Creativity in your design, ability to build stuff with your hands and great communication skills.
- Understanding of ISO 26262 and Autosar
- Experience in designing controllers for electric vehicle systems
- Expertise in complex control strategies like Adaptive control, Robust control, etc.
- Experience with CAN analysis tools like CANalyzer, and CANape
- Experience with Embedded coder in Matlab/Simulink
- BS minimum, in the areas of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive systems, or other related fields.
The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
Additional Compensation and Benefits:
Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid's equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive
awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
California (Bay Area) - $108,000-148,500
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.