Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As the Lead Engineer of Accessories, you will report to the Chief Engineer of Lucid Motors and be the single point of contact for all technical attributes and delivery of company-wide accessory products. You will sit with / meet daily with the Chief Engineering team of each vehicle program to align direction of the various accessory products for design, attributes, cost targets, and lead cross functional teams to achieve that goal. You will be accepted as a decision maker for concept freezes, engineering changes and sourcing. This role is open to engineers who have proven technical excellence, while also being able to mentor and teach other engineers around the organization. This role will be filled by someone who is passionate about working together to make groundbreaking products with amazing innovation and collaborative spirit.
- Cross functionally pulls teams together to design and develop concepts from a blank canvas to achieve compelling accessory products on-time and at-cost.
- Lead benchmarking activities (system level and vehicle level) to comprehend the direction the industry is going and review together with engineering teams.
- Quickly CAD/sketch accessory products that are applicable across the vehicle and broader related environment.
- Represent the Office of the Chief Engineer in executive reviews, sourcing councils, Engineering Change Request (ECR) and issue tracking meetings.
- Drive and mentor the engineering teams to evaluate different types of manufacturing methods for achieving the best combination of functionality, weight, attributes, and cost.
- Work closely with stakeholders and attribute owners across the company which includes (but is not limited to): Vehicle Safety, Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, Durability, Craftmanship, Styling and Manufacturing.
- Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven engineering experience and technical excellence
- Exceptional understanding of physics and material science, and proven track record of application of those theories to component/vehicle design.
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly, vehicle assembly or vehicle service.
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a capable team.
- Experience and/or good knowledge of manufacturing processes (extrusions, castings, stampings, injection moulding, etc.)
- Experience and proficiency with CATIA V5/V6 or similar software preferred
- Knowledge of high voltage architectures
- Knowledge of vehicle crash safety principles
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics principles
- Knowledge of NVH principles
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
SF Bay Area [ $165,000 - $236,500 ]
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.