Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This position is for an Android Automotive Infotainment Architect with extensive experience in Software Architecture and Android development.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the architecture and implementation of the digital cockpit software in the world's best electric vehicles. You will play a crucial role by providing guidance for the design of new features in existing and new vehicles, analyze and optimize performance across the system and provide leadership in best practices for Android development. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including other domain architects, so9ware engineers, UI/UX designers, and product managers to ensure the seamless integration of infotainment features and deliver an exceptional user experience.
- Responsible for software architecture and design for Lucid’s Android-based infotainment system
- System requirements review and architectural design
- Design/code reviews
- System performance measurements and recommendations
- Feature architecture and design on Android: Media, Navigation, Connectivity, Projection (Android Auto, Carplay), Voice, Cameras, etc.
- Android application integration
- Client communication and IPC architecture
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Overall 12+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in Android application development, with a strong background in Android architecture.
- Experience as a technical architect of embedded systems product lines
- Hands on experience with Android messaging frameworks
- Android device driver / HAL experience
- Familiarity with core AOSP
- C, C++, Java, Linux
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of System impact calculations and measurement – CPU load / MIPS, eMMC and RAM usage under different loads and use cases
- Understand Hardware architecture and schematics
- Understand the Linux kernel and its configurations
- Automotive System Experience
- Experience designing, implementing, integrating, testing and supporting HMI application development in a Linux/QNX platform or Automotive products
- Ability to work independently and mentor technical leads on complex problems related to embedded systems architecture
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
- California (Bay Area) - $177,000 - $230,000/yr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.