Sr Engineer, Interior Systems (m/f/d)
30+ days ago
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Interior layout and packaging. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for the design and development of the Interior components of a world-class vehicle in terms of both styling and function.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be a significant contributor to a world-class Interior Components and Systems engineering team
- Create industry-leading Interior Components or Systems, with groundbreaking luxury, craftsmanship, performance, safety, ergonomics, and functionality
- Contribute to the packaging, engineering, release, and launch of Interior Components and Systems in the Lucid portfolio
- Work interactively within a cross-functional marketing, design, and vehicle engineering team, placing priority on the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Collaborate with Interior trim suppliers to ensure technical excellence and on time delivery of Lucid Interior Components and Systems
- Employ and develop effective tools and an innovative approach to supporting the development
- You need to be open to relocate to the US
- A Masters degree in science or in a relevant discipline
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience as a detail-oriented Interior Components and Systems development lead (for one or more: Hard trim, Soft trim, IP, Door trims, Consoles, Headliners, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive Interior Components and Systems industry benchmark, trends and supplier competencies
- Experience creating/improving/establishing technical product specifications and timelines to achieve an accelerated development cycle towards SOP
- Experienced in using CAD to create 2D/3D concept drawings, Interior Components and Systems, packaging layouts and DFM studies (CATIA V5/V6 preferred)
- Vehicle and product launch experience
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
- One full program cycle experience from concept to production launch in automotive Interior Components and Systems
- Profound knowledge of vehicle Interior Components and Systems and demonstrable track record of technical excellence and program execution
- A solid knowledge of plastic parts design, structural performance, manufacturing technologies, craftsmanship, ergonomics, safety and homologation requirements
- Strong competency in materials selection, plastic injection molding/DFM, and GD&T
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills