Sr. Engineer, Closures Systems (m/f/d)
30+ days ago
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Senior Engineer, Closures Systems. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for the design and development of the Closures components of a world-class vehicle in terms of both styling and function.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the design of major car closure systems including, doors, hood, trunk, windows, etc. Including, all mechanisms, sealing systems and hardware (hinges, latches, etc.)
- Benchmark closure systems designs
- Work closely with CAE teams interpreting and using analysis results to guide and evolve the design
- Work with manufacturing to ensure efficient buildable designs
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative environment
- Support prototype builds in a hands-on manner
- Devise tests to prove out the design
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or higher
- Expertise in vehicle closure systems design
- Solid track record of successful system level integration
- Experience working with Class A surface data
- In-depth-expertise to work with CATIA V5 or V6
- Experience with castings, the extrusion process, stampings, and their advantages and limitations
- Working knowledge of Aluminum and Magnesium structure joining techniques.
- Proof of excellence in your past position, while demonstrating profound creativity in resolving mechanical design problems
- Experience in full life cycle, from concept to prototype to full production
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
- One full program cycle experience from concept to production launch in automotive Interior Components and Systems
- Profound knowledge of Closures Components and Systems and demonstrable track record of technical excellence and program execution
- A solid knowledge of plastic parts design, structural performance, manufacturing technologies, craftsmanship, ergonomics, safety and homologation requirements
- Competency in materials selection, plastic injection molding/DFM, and GD&T
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills
- Experience with composites
- Experience with GD&T
- Fabrication experience
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.